I’m wishing all my readers a happy and food filled day. It’s after midnight, I should be asleep. I will need to get up and start cooking pretty damn early. But I was thinking about the things that I am thankful for (along with the long list of things that I need to get done in the next few days!) Here is a short list:
1. I am very thankful for my health. At only 35 (yes, I said only) you would think that I should have nothing to worry about, but I do. Times have changed. In the past 5 years, I have known 4 women aged 35-36 to pass away from breast cancer, lung cancer, and other ailments. Each woman left young children. One even left 2 week old newborn twins behind. Another a 4 month old baby girl. It’s heartbreaking to think about. So, I am thankful to be here for now… with my children.
2. I am thankful that my mother is still with me, and that she is here spending the holiday with us. She’s downstairs right now “playing” with the laptop that I forced her to buy a few months ago to finally get rid of the old P II 366 that she had been using for years.
3. I’m thankful that my children are excelling as their own little sweet, wacky personalities. They are wise beyond their years, doing awesome in school, and I love them!
4. I am thankful for my job. Yes, that is typical these days… but really. So many have been laid off recently, that I am SO thankful to still be where I have been for the past 14 years.
5. I am thankful for having found my niche. What niche might that be? Pick one! I love being a busy bee. I love blogging, I love photography, I love doing web design. I am thankful that people actually want to use my services!! Which reminds me… I need to add a list to my site of folks waiting on websites. Everyone wants their site asap don’t they? And they don’t seem to realize that I have other stuff to do also! 🙂
There is SO much more to be thankful for…and for all of it, I say Thank you!
So tomorrow when you are full, tipsy and laying on the couch watching football (or sneaking in some time on Twitter or FB)… think about what you are most thankful for!