The Motorola H17txt Bluetooth earpiece is a really great, small, very functional earpiece that will keep you safe while driving and keep you talking while out and about.
I started testing this one right after testing the Jawbone Icon, so it was a useful to compare the two. The Motorola H17txt can definitely hold it’s own. It has great specs and functions and great battery life.
The H17txt is powered on when the mouth piece is flipped open. And flipped closed to power off. The earpiece is small and can easily be folded and tucked into a pocket when not in use. It comes with a few different ear clips to find the perfect fit, or it can be used without. It is also very easily converted for left or right ear use.
- STANDBY TIME1 Up to 7 days
- TALK TIME1 Up to 5 hours
- MOTOSPEAK™ APPLICATION2 a smartphone application that reads text messages (SMS) and emails into the headset, in real time.
- MULTIPLE-HANDSET ENABLED
- ON/OFF SWITCH
- CRYSTALTALK™ TECHNOLOGY
- AUTOMATIC VOLUME ADJUSTMENT
- PROFILES A2DP 1.2, Headset (HSP), Hands Free (HFP)
- BLUETOOTH® RANGE3 Class 2
- BLUETOOTH® VERSION 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate
- ENHANCED DATA RATE (EDR)
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH RANGE up to 33 feet
- TRUECOMFORT™ Lightweight, on-ear style
- DIMENSIONS (L) 1.65 x (W) 0.67 x (H) 0.39 in.
- FORM FACTOR Flip
- REVERSIBLE EAR HOOKS
- WEIGHT 0.317 oz
The earpiece was super simple to setup. The sound quality is very, very, very good. I can hear the person on the other end nice and loud, and I have had no complaints about them hearing me. The volume rocker is well placed, and turns the earpiece up nice and loud (a big thing for me). I have used it with my iPhone 3Gs, Motorola Droid X, and HTC Droid Incredible without issue. One unique thing about this earpiece is that using the available Motorola MotoSpeak App which is available for Android or Blackberry you can have your text messages read to you (up to 25 words). Now they just need one for iPhone.
If you would like to win a Motorola H17txt for yourself, just play with me by doing the following! 🙂 (PLEASE LEAVE ONE COMMENT FOR EACH ACTION)
1. Follow this blog via RSS (if following already, please leave a comment saying so)
2. Follow me on Twitter (if following already, please leave a comment saying so)
3. Leave a comment telling me why you need the H17txt.
The contest will run until Friday, July 16, 2010 at 11:59pm.