October is Breast Cancer awareness month. Every time I hear that I think about people that I have personally known that have lost the battle. It is very, very sad. A couple of them have left behind very young children, husbands, and other family members. I also know people that are battling right now. If there is any way possible to find a cure to stop breast cancer, we need to.
Microsoft is helping. They have teamed up with the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure to create a special edition pink mouse just for the fight against breast cancer. It is the Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 Special Edition. You can compute in style while on the go and each and every time you use your adorable little pink mouse know that your purchase was a donation towards a great cause. $4 of each mouse purchase is donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Not bad. This applies to purchases made now until September 11, 2011.
I received one of these mice a few days ago to try out and I love it! I love that newer wireless mice such as this one have the little tiny transponder that can actually stay in the laptop when not in use rather than the huge thing my old mouse had that sticks out of the side. That way I don’t lose it! But, when it is not in use, it clicks neatly into the bottom of the mouse.
I have tested this mouse for a few days and I must say that it is really, really smooth. And it works on everything! I have used it on a mouse pad, sheet of paper, countertop, desk at work, and every my bed on top of the sheet! No matter the surface, usage seems to be very smooth. There is one programmable button on the left side, a scroll bar, and the feel is great.
- BlueTrack Technology™: Microsoft BlueTrack Technology combines the power of optical with the precision of laser for remarkable tracking on virtually any surface.*
- Plug-And-Go Nano Transceiver: Leave the Nano Transceiver plugged in when you’re on the go, or stow it in the mouse.
- 2.4 GHz Reliable Wireless: Microsoft 2.4 GHz wireless delivers a reliable connection with up to a 30-foot range, with virtually no interference.
- 10-Month Battery Life: Use your mouse without power interruption for up to 10 months on a single battery. Battery status indicator tells you when battery power is low.
- Windows Flip in Windows® 7: Easily switch between open windows with the click of a button.
- 4-way Scrolling: Scroll four ways for greater efficiency and comfort with Tilt Wheel Technology.
- 4 Customizable Buttons: Get quick access to the media, programs, and files you use most often with customizable buttons
If you need a new mouse, or even if you don’t, buy one today and each time you scroll you will be reminded that you donated to a good cause. The Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000 costs around $34.