One of my biggest annoyances is being at my desk at work with my earbuds in my ear listening to music and then I have to turn in my chair to get something behind me and SNATCH!! They rip right out of my ears because of course the cord is still connected to the computer. I have ruined a couple pair that way. Years ago I did have a pair of Logitech Wireless Bluetooth headphones. I cannot remember the model now, but they did not last long. The piece of plastic that went around my head was pretty weak and it broke after repeated use, even though they never left my office.
After the snatching action happened to me one too many times recently, I realized that a pair of wireless headphones is the perfect gift for anyone that listens to music and does not want to be tied down. Being free from wires and free to move around while still listening or watching a show is great.
I received a Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth headset to review and I am now pretty happy. I am using them with my desktop computer, which does not have Bluetooth, so I had to plug in a dongle that I have had for a while to be able to use them. Once I got that installed, pairing the headphones was easy. The sound is good and now I can move freely around my desk area without being tied down. Heck, I can even walk around the office a bit if I want. The range is good.
I tried them with my computer using an Actiontec Bluetooth adapter, my iPhone, iPad, and Evo. It worked well with all.
- WEARING STYLE
140 x 127 x 51mm
- CHARGER RANGE
- CONNECTOR PORT
- ON/OFF SWITCH
- STANDBY TIME1
- TALK TIME1
9 hours/8 hours play time
- AUDIO QUALITY
advanced acoustic design, enhanced bass, digital tuning
- DEDICATED MUSIC BUTTONS
- BLUETOOTH® RANGE2
- BLUETOOTH® VERSION
2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate
- ENHANCED DATA RATE (EDR)
A2DP 1.2, AVCRP 1.0, HFP 1.5
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH RANGE
Up to approx. 33 ft.
- Great sound
- Sturdy design
- Sweat Proof Design. The whole thing is designed to be sweat proof so that you can wear it while working out. Even the connector port has a cover to tightly close it off to moisture
- Includes a microphone to make and receive calls
- Controls on the side of the units to pause/play, fast forward, rewind, adjust volume and answer calls.
- Definitely not made for those with a large head. They fit me fine but after extended wear I start to feel a bit of tightness above my ears. My coworker could not fit them on his head. 🙂
- A bit awkward when wearing with glasses
- Occasionally loses pairing with computer and I have to reconnect
- When using with the computer, the audio program (iTunes) has to be in focus for the control buttons (except volume) to operate.
Overall this is an EXCELLENT Bluetooth headset. It is perfect for use just for music, calls, or even calls on your computer using Skype or Google Talk.
The Motorola S10-HD can be purchased for $79.95 from Amazon.com.