Have you ever had a computer that sounds like an airplane gearing up for lift off? I have had an couple. My current one is my HP DV7-2180US. I purchased this laptop in July of 09, but the specs can still stand up against most new laptops out there today. It was not cheap either. But, this is still an awesome laptop with awesome specs. It is my powerhouse. Check out the specs:
- Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology (2.0 ghz) featuring Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9000, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with up to 1 GB dedicated memory
- 6 GB DDR2 RAM (2 Dimm) (8 GB Max)
- 500GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA), SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with LightScribe and Double Layer Support
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1
- 17.3 inch Diagonal 16:9 HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
But, it has one serious problem that I have dealt with for way too long, the fan is LOUD.AS.HECK. And it gets way too hot to actually use as a *lap*top. I keep this one on the desk in my office now because it is so hot. There is no using it on the bed, the couch or anything like that. When they said it is desktop replacement they meant it, but not for the reason that you would think!
Don’t believe me? Think that I am joking? I can’t show you the heat here because I do not have one of those uber fancy thermometers, but check out this video of the fan in action:
Has anyone else had a laptop like this? Did you just suffer? Or were you able to help it in some way? I have seen reports out there of other HPs with the same issue. But, mine is way past warranty now of course. Oh well.