Not too long ago I told you about Sitterati‘s new iPhone App which makes easy work of booking a babysitter. The app allows you to input sitters that you know, or find sitters based on friend’s recommendations. It makes an easier time of finding one than asking everyone that you know and making phone call after phone call, or posting on your Facebook wall asking “Who can babysit for me this Saturday?”
The app is still in beta so the folks at Sitterati are looking for feedback from parents. So far so good. I noted a few changes that I would like to see in the Cons below. Sitterati certainly has the right idea though. It helps parents keep sitters organized in one app. You have their contact information and payment information all in one place. You can pay them with the click of a button.
Using the app is pretty easy. Once you invite a sitter they will receive an email and have the ability to accept your invitation. They will then receive a notification when you add a Job.
I tested by booking a sitter for tomorrow night for 4 hours. It was simple and painless. My sitter received and accepted my job within minutes.
- Ability to broadcast a job to all of your sitters, so you will know right away whose available.
- Easy paying with one click
- Having all sitters in one place
Cons (But remember it is still in Beta)
- There seems to be a bug with deleting pending invitations. When testing I added 2 sitters, now I cannot remove them from my list. Clicking delete does not work.
- The app requires a Facebook login. Despite what most think some people still do not use Facebook. This would mean that someone would have to sign up for a Facebook account just to use the app. The ability to create a local login, or login via Google, Yahoo, or other options would be great.
- Payment requires a credit card to be on file to pay: The addition of being able to pay via Paypal, which is a very popular payment method these days would be useful.
- Need the ability to mark it as a cash job, so that you can pay when they get there.
- Right now the app is available for iPhone only, so Android users are out of luck.
If you are looking for an easy way to organize and book a sitter check out Sitterati. I have no doubt that as the app progresses and comes out of beta it will be even more awesome.
Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.