If you are looking for something fun, educational, and FREE for your children ages 8-13 to do this summer, you might want to head over to your closest Microsoft Store.
We know that our kids know how to use technology. But how about helping them get some skills that they can use in their future careers? YouthSpark Summer Camps at Microsoft Retail stores are offering five different camps to introduce kids ages 8-13 to the latest in technology, and give them some new and fun skills! Kids who love gaming, storytelling, or even photography can take one of the classes below:
- Digital Movie Madness: Go from script to screen – and all the movie-making steps in between.
- Storyteller Studio: Write short stories, create games, and design slideshows and custom creations.
- Digital Art Smarts: Inspire artistic vision and creation through graphic design and photography.
- Game Masters: Mastermind a gaming world as the programmer, designer and producer.
- Game App: Plan, Create, design and publish game apps like a pro.
When I heard about this I was VERY excited! My kids would love these types of classes and do very well. Unfortunately our nearest Microsoft store is almost an hour away, but I think it might be worth the drive for one week to get them in on this action.
You can register you kids on the YouthSpark website. Act fast! I took a look a few minutes ago and classes are filling up fast. There are several dates available running now through August.
Powered by Facebook Comments