Today is National Sunglasses Day. Everyone loves sunglasses. The main purpose of wearing them is to protect our eyes. But that is not all. We love them because they make us look cool. No reason to not be fashionable while also caring about the health of our eyes.
I have admitted some of my addictions too you before. Here goes another… sunglasses! In the summer I tend to wear my contacts more so that I can wear my cute, fashionable sunglasses. I probably have about 8 pair. I don’t usually pay much for them because I am afraid of losing them, or breaking them, but I make sure that I have several pair to choose from. I believe that I own purple, pink (of course), black, white, brown, and a couple more.
Did you know that there is more to picking sunglasses than just how great they look? It is important to get the correct type so that you have full protection. Here are some tips for choosing the right pair:
- UV protection is important. Look for the 100% UVA/UVB sticker on the sunglasses.
- If you have a problem with glare, try polarized lenses. They help eliminate glare and help with clarity. This especially helps during trips to the beach which are frequent in the summer.
- Try photochromic lenses. We have all heard of transitions lenses. Transitions are photochromic lenses that change from light to dark in sunlight for convenient sun protection. You don’t have to worry about changing your glasses. They do all of the work.
What is UV? Why do we need protection from it?
UV stands for UltraViolet radiation. Sunlight is the main source of UV rays. There are different types of UV. However, all types can damage different parts of your eyes leading to things like macular degeneration and cataracts.
It is better to be safe than sorry. Wear your UV protection sunglasses at all times when out playing this summer.
For more information on UV Damage please check out the below video:
More helpful links:
- Protect Your Eyes and Look Great: https://www.vsp.com/uv-
- General Summer Eye Protection: https://www.vsp.com/
One lucky reader will win one pair of designer sunglasses to protect their eyes and be fashionable this summer. To win simply leave a comment below telling me whether or not you wear your sunglasses every day.
Contest will run until Wednesday, July 3rd at 11:59pm.
Disclosure: This post is part of my involvement as a VSP Ambassador. All opinions are my own.
Powered by Facebook Comments