I have mentioned before that I use a Canon DSLR camera. When I purchased my first DSLR I got a Canon, and I have stayed with them for my main photography camera. Now of course as a tech nerd, gadget freak, and tech blogger I have used other cameras and I still do occasionally use other cameras. I have to be well rounded, and there are some other great cameras out there. I just told you about 3 of them in my Foster the Photography Bug post.
However, since I do take on photography jobs I always keep a DSLR. And since I started with Canon and I have several Canon accessories, that is what I stick with. Don’t believe me when I say that I am a Canon freak? Here is a list of Canon cameras that I have owned:
- Canon Rebel: My first Canon camera. It got me started on my road of loving photography.
- Canon PowerShot SD1000: I LOVED this Canon camera. My husband lost it.
- Canon ?? (Pocket camera. I cannot remember the model number) – Purchased to replace the one that my husband lost.
- Canon Rebel XTi: An upgrade from my Rebel.
- Canon Rebel T1i: Another great camera that served me very well.
- Canon Rebel T4i: I actually still have this one as a backup.
- Canon 70D: My current baby. This camera takes outstanding photos. I call it my Big Girl Camera.
I didn’t receive any of these cameras for review. I paid for each and every one of them. That should tell you something. I love my Canon. I tend to upgrade my camera every 2-3 years. I just got my 70D earlier this year, and I love it, so I’m sure that I will be holding on to this one for a while. I also have several lenses that I have accumulated over the years. But there are still a few of those on my list. 🙂
If you check out my Kris Mac Photography site, ALL of those images were taken with my various Canon cameras over the years.
And here is another of my favorite recent images taken with my Canon camera.
Before I purchased my 70d, I seriously considered purchasing a Canon Rebel T5i. A friend had one, and he loved it. And it was a natural upgrade from the T4i. However, I decided to try something new and break out of the Rebel series for the Pro series.
The T5i is an excellent camera for anyone who wants to take awesome photos of their family, or even learn to take photos in a more professional setting. The Canon EOS Rebel T5i is one of the best-selling DSLRs. This camera makes advanced photography easy and fun, and gives you exceptional image quality, along with a host of features to enhance your creative expression.
- Capture Hollywood caliber full HD video
- Continuous autofocus while taking HD video
- Features an 18.0-megapixel CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 5 image processor to ensure vivid, crystal-clear images.
- The 3″ vari-angle touch screen simplifies navigation.
Right now at Best Buy you can get the Canon – EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera with 18-135mm IS STM Lens kit for $150 off. The kit comes with a 18mm – 135mm lens. At $899 that make it a great deal. The lens features Image Stabilization which is awesome.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Best Buy. All opinions are my own.