As previously mentioned my home is FULL of carpet. When my home was built my girls were only 3 and my boys were newborns. Carpet kept the noise down from the kids running around. And I love being to walk around barefoot and still have warm feet.
But cleaning all that carpet takes time. And sometimes when I do it I feel like I’m neglecting real work. And I am a multitasker. If I can be cleaning while working, it’s a win-win! That’s why I appreciate technology and how it helps with everyday tasks. One visit to Best Buy and you can find gadgets to help automate things like washing the dishes and getting the laundry done. But carpet has to be vacuumed. Now, I do like vacuuming, a lot more than I like moping. I hate moping! However, even though I like vacuuming that does not mean that I always want to take time to do it. This is why I absolutely love my new iRobot Roomba 870. I can set it, and let it vacuum the floor while I do other things.
Setup was a breeze. The Roomba 870 comes with the “Robot”, 2 automatic virtual walls, and the charging dock. To get started I charged the Roomba, installed the batteries in the virtual walls, and turned it on. I was prompted to set up the day and time which is needed for scheduling, and I was ready to go.
The iRobot® Roomba® 870 Features AeroForce™ Performance Cleaning System which is a powerful vacuuming system that has 5x the suction and removes up to 50% more dirt, dust, hair, and debris. It was amazing to me just how much this little unit picked up. It has a slim profile that allows it to clean under furniture. And I love how the spinning side brush grabs dirt and debris from wall edges and corners.
- iAdapt® Responsive Navigation Technology with cliff-detection sensors
- Large HEPA filter keeps dust, dander, and other allergens out of the air
- iRobot® XLife™ Extended Life Battery provides double the battery cycles
- Bin Full indicator light lets you know when the bin needs emptying
- 2 Virtual Wall Barriers keep Roomba in the rooms you want to vacuum & out of the ones you don’t
- No more cleaning brushes! Tangle-free AeroForce™ Extractors are virtually maintenance free, making it even easier for Roomba to tackle daily dirt build-up and leave more time for you to enjoy your day.
- Roomba’s large HEPA filter keeps dust, dander, and other allergens out of the air – ideal for homes with pets and allergy sufferers
- Just press CLEAN or schedule Roomba to vacuum when it’s most convenient for you.
I am LOVING my Roomba 870. It is already making my life easier by taking care of my vacuuming. I first tested it out in my upstairs hallway which doubles as my laundry room. Because of this, there is often tiny little pieces of lint in the carpet, and this is the area that my kids run back and forth across all day to and from their rooms. I closed all the doors to the bedrooms and used one of the virtual walls to block off the stairs so that the cute little Roomba would not take a tumble. It vacuumed the whole area and then docked itself at home base. I thought that was so cool.
I also used it in my dining room. I moved the chairs out from the table to make sure that it had enough room to get around the legs, it did that and moved right into the kitchen and swept the floor without missing a beat.
Between the upstairs and downstairs, I had to empty the waste bin twice after an alert, which was good considering the fact that I had not vacuumed in a while. Now I’ll be changing that since I can just schedule my Roomba to vacuum a few times a week. Score!
If you are looking for some help with getting your vacuuming and getting more done, definitely pick up the iRobot Roomba 870 from Best Buy.
Disclosure: The iRobot Roomba 870 was provided to me in exchange for this review as part of my involvement as a Best Buy Blogger Ambassador. All opinions are my own.