Can you believe it?? Thanksgiving is next week. And already here in the Chicago area we are dealing with snow. While it’s beautiful it can certainly complicate things… like Chicago traffic! But together these things mean that the holidays will be here before you know it! The holiday season in Chicago is BEAUTIFUL!! We have so much going on in the city. There’s the Winter WonderFest at Navy Pier, The CTA Holiday Train, and ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo. But, one of my favorite memories of the holidays in Chicago is walking down State Street during Christmas and looking at the decorations. Especially the holiday windows at Marshall Fields. Of course now the store is Macy’s, but the great holiday traditions still exist. Each year for as long as I can remember they the windows have been decked out with Christmas decorations, figures, trees, and much more. I’m looking forward to checking it out with my kids, and you can too.
Macy’s stores all over the country are celebrating the holidays with fun free events for the whole family. Join Macy’s for an afternoon full of activities including craft tables where kids can create holiday ornaments, balloon twisting, and more holiday fun to enjoy! Oh, and of course the beautiful tree lighting!
You can even come and meet Santa Claus on the 5th floor!
Check Below for an Event in Your Area
- Macy’s State Street (Chicago, IL) – Nov. 21, 2pm
- Macy’s Boston (Boston, MA) – Nov. 28, 12pm
- Macy’s Monroeville (Monroeville, PA) – Nov. 14, 2pm
- Macy’s Monroeville (Monroeville, PA) – Dec. 5, 2pm
- Macy’s Metro Center (Washington D.C) – Nov. 14, 2pm
- Macy’s Center City (Philadelphia, PA) – Nov. 21, 1pm
- Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco, CA) – Nov. 20, 5pm
- Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco, CA) – Nov. 27, 6pm
- Macy’s Union Square (San Francisco, CA) – Dec. 5, 2pm
- Macy’s City Creek (Salt Lake City, UT) – Nov. 19, 6pm
- Macy’s Fountain Place (Cinncinati, OH) – Nov. 28, 6pm
- Macy’s Fountain Place (Cinncinati, OH) – Dec. 5, 6pm
- Macy’s Fountain Place (Cinncinati, OH) – Dec. 12, 6pm
We will be having a busy day today! I’m considering it the official start of the holiday season for us. First we head off to the Toy & Game Fair at Navy Pier for a blogger breakfast and tons of fun. Then we are attending the Macy’s State Street store celebration in the afternoon. And if we have not passed out by then we will check out the Mag Mile Lights Fest. I’m tired just thinking about it, but looking forward to it.
Of course next week is Thanksgiving so we will be gearing up for that. Yes, I am cooking! There will be turkey, dressing, pie, and much, much more. And from there we are in Christmas season. Yikes! We have a few traditions, some not so traditional… like watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. What can I say? It’s our favorite Christmas movie. 🙂
Yes, the holiday season can be stressful. But when you are a parent seeing your kid’s happiness at Christmas makes all of the stress worth it. Whatever traditions you choose to do with your family consider fitting in a visit to Macy’s to celebrate!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.