Besides computer gadgets, I love kitchen and other household gadgets! Anything that makes doing things at home easier. Well they are just cool. 🙂 Here are a few of the ones I have recently fallen in love with.
1. Waring Pro Belgian Waffle Maker. This was a birthday present. Believe it or not, using this was the first time I ever made a “homemade”waffle. And homemade is in quotes because I used Bisquick mix for my first run. But the waffle maker was very easy to use. It comes with a measuring cup so you measure out the right amount every time. There is no guessing. It beeps at you when it’s ready to cook, then beeps again when the waffle is done! I had to play a bit with the “crispness setting” which tells it how dark you want your waffles, but other than that, it’s awesome.
The Waring Pro WMK300A Professional Stainless-Steel Belgian Waffle Maker costs $62. Click here to purchase.
2. Keurig Special Edition Brewer. I received this as a review item and WOW! It makes having a cup of coffee really easy and quick. The design is really stylish, and there are no carafes or breakable glass parts to worry about cleaning. It heats up in around 4 minutes and offers 3 cup sizes to choose from. Although, even the largest is still not big enough for my monster coffee cups! The water reservoir holds 48 ounces of water that will stay heated for 2 hours until it auto shuts off. It offers a timer of course, and uses the Keurig inserts that offer a wide range of flavors and beverage options. I have tried French Roast coffee, Green tea, Lemon tea, White Hot Chocolate and more. And they are all yummy! This is a great unit for not wasting coffee. You make only what you need and there is no coffee left burning in the pot. It is also great for kids who want to make their own hot chocolate.
The Keurig Special Edition Brewer costs $139.95 and is well worth it. Click here to purchase.
3. Breville Panini Duo 1500-watt Nonstick Panini Press. This is another very cool kitchen gadget, especially for a mom with hungry kids. You can create 2 sandwiches at once on the nonstick surface fast. Ask the kiddies what they want on their favorite bread, assembly it, and press it on the Panini Duo for a couple of minutes. You are guaranteed to have a hit. It is very easy to clean, heats up quickly and does an awesome job. I was thinking of some wild panini combinations. Of course you can also do things like chicken breasts. There is a cookbook full of ideas to get you started. It is perfect for a do it yourself panini party or a quick lunch or evening meal. I think it would also be awesome for a college student to keep in their dorm room.
The Breville Panini maker costs $69.99. Click here to purchase.
4. Sharp Shooter Pepper Grinder Gravity Mill. Ok, so I admit that this one is a totally lazy gadget! But it is still super cool. Get two of these and you have not only very functional salt and pepper grinders, but also a great conversation piece at the table. Each unit takes a whopping 6 AAA batteries, which I thought was a bit much. But, it is a really fun to use and makes putting pepper on your dish fun. It is also available in a black version also so you can have a different color for salt and comes filled up and ready to use.
It is also great for cooking. And perfect for anyone that may love grinders but have wrist trouble. No pain here!
The Sharp Shooter is $29.95. Click here to purchase.
5. Accutire Digital Set Point Programmable Air Gauge with Light. I may be good with computers, and in the kitchen, but I am no good with cars. Yes, I can do some simple stuff, but any gadget that makes that foolproof is greatly appreciated. And I have had a problem on my Jeep for a while with tire pressure. The car is over 10 years old, has 110,000 miles on it, and has various other problems. But checking the tire pressure is an easy one to fix. Back then in 2000 some cars were not yet equipped with sensors that tell us when the tires are low. The Accutire does an awesome job of this. It’s quick and easy to use even for me. 🙂
The Accutire is only $17.95 and takes the guess work out of checking and correcting your tire pressure. Click here to purchase.