Many, many people have invested in tablet computers. It might be an Original iPad, iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy, or even HP TouchPad that you caught during the $99 fire sale. Companies watch the wire and jump right on creating accessories to beef up the functionality of our tablets.
What some people do not realize is that you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for cell accessories. A lot of us have figured this out and buy our accessories after we get our phones by ordering online. Some others still have the “must have it right now!!!” syndrome and may spend way too much on a simple case from the phone carrier’s store.
There are many websites out there where you can find good prices on accessories. I had the opportunity to try out a couple from CellPhoneAccents.com. Here are some of my favorite tablet accessories:
1. Dock: An iPad dock can display your iPad 1 or 2 while charging or syncing. Use it to watch a movie, use it as a giant alarm clock, or even a photo frame. Docks are available for most tablets. I have one for my Xoom, and my iPad.
2. Portable Bluetooth Keyboard: If you plan to use your tablet as a laptop alternative, you might want a Bluetooth keyboard for the times when you need to take notes during a meeting,
3. Case with integrated Bluetooth Keyboard: If you want protection and a keyboard then checkout the integrated leather case. It’s great for using your tablet to take notes quickly in a meeting or conference. But, be aware that they are very bulky.
4. Car Mount: Yes, yes.. playing with your phone or tablet is a huge distraction while driving and should be avoided. BUT, that fancy gadget of yours can also make an awesome GPS system for long trips. I use the GPS on my phone very often to look up directions. And it would be so helpful if it was mounted for easy viewing. Mounts are available for some popular phones and tablets. Or, you can try a universal mount. If you take a lot of road trips this is a great option.
5. Car charger: This is a given for most cell phones, but they are also available for some tablets. Whether or not your tablet can use a car charger depends on the model. Some tablets need a lot of power to charge and a car charger might not be available. But if you can use it, it is the perfect additional accessory for use with the car mount.