Thanksgiving is next week. Can you believe that?? 2014 has flown by in a blur! I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. YIKES! While I love hosting it means that I have to get my house ready. While most of my guests have been here before, there are a couple of people coming that have never been here. That puts the pressure on for everything to be super clean! When #CollectiveBias asked me to shop for some #EurekaPower I knew that it was just the inspiration I needed to get ready.
We all know how it is… when you have children it can be hit or miss whether or not your house is clean. My house is 90% carpet. The only non-carpeted areas are the kitchen, bathrooms, and foyer. It seemed like a great idea when we were building. We had two 3 year olds and two newborns were on the way. We wanted them to have a nice soft surface to crawl and play. But now? Now the carpet is… well… you know how it can be kids. Kids drop stuff EVERYWHERE! There are always crumbs on the floor. I will never understand how crumbs even get to areas where they do not eat. Luckily the Eureka SuctionSeal 2.0 is a great vacuum for cleaning up large carpeted areas. The SuctionSeal technology has plates that raise and lower against the surface to maintain a tight seal. This ensures that more debris gets picked up. I picked up the SuctionSeal on my latest trip to Walmart.
Some people think that when you work from home that you have more time to keep your house clean… NOT! I know many people that work from home and they have housekeepers to handle the cleaning for them. I'm not that lucky. I still do it all myself. Working from home means that I'm usually, well… working! While I do take many breaks from working to clean house, do laundry and other things my mind is usually wandering on all the things that I still have to do in my office! And I feel guilty taking the time to do housework.
I actually enjoy having parties a couple of times a year if I can because if forces me to do a top to bottom cleaning. I go all out. And this Thanksgiving is no different. Here is a brief list of all of the things that I want to accomplish by next week.
1. Vacuum and dust the ledge between my kitchen and dining room: I have vaulted ceilings in many parts of my house. There is a great ledge between my kitchen and dining room that I love. The problem is that it is high and I cannot reach it on my own. So this weekend we are going to get the latter from the garage, climb up and give it a good dusting.
2. Vacuum and dust the chandeliers: The chandeliers in my house need a good dusting. It has been quite a while!
3. Touch up paint in various rooms: I have children… enough said! I keep extra paint on hand for this reason. The cool thing about the big name home improvements stores is that even if you take them your old can of paint with dried paint on the side, they can match it! I did that a few months ago so that I can periodically touch up the walls after a few months with my kids.
4. Repair the toilet paper holder in the powder room: This one is all my fault! I was cleaning the toilet in the powder room one day. I guess I was scrubbing so determinedly that I was not paying attention to my body position. I swung around and hit the toilet paper holder with my butt. LOL!! It popped right off the wall. I tried to repair it once, but the screws are just holding on to the drywall by a thread. My plan is to just completely remove the holder, repair the wall, and get a toilet paper stand.
5. Vacuum the return vents: The return vents in my house are up high. I admit that I'm short so I don't pay much attention to them. However, I glanced up there recently and they definitely need cleaning! Luckily, the hose on my new Eureka SuctionSeal 2.0 is long enough to reach them and vacuum all of the dust bunnies.
6. Vacuum the whole house: I vacuum all the time, but I admit that I do not always move furniture and vacuum. When I have people coming by I do the quick vacuum in areas that can be seen. But when I am doing my deep whole house cleaning I even move the couch to vacuum. It it amazing how much stuff can be found under couches. If you have children you know exactly what I mean.
These are just a few of the things that I would like to get done. I'm sure as I walk around the house from room to room I will find even more. I'm happy that I have my Eureka SuctionSeal 2.0 to help me out. Right now, this vacuum can be picked up on rollback at Walmart for only $129. That is only a fraction of the cost of some others. And it works great!
One thing that I really love about the SuctionSeal 2.0 is that to empty it you simply open the bottom of the bagless canister and dump it. Also, it actually has a button to retract the cord! No more fighting to wrap the cord around the vacuum. I love that!
Check out the commercial below to learn a bit more about this awesome vacuum.
Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner at your house? Do you have a list of chores and repairs that you are working to get done before then?