These are great tips to let your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend (you get the point) know that you are thinking about him or her if one of you is traveling for business, lives in separate towns, or any other day that you are not together.
1. Send your sweetie an SMS telling them that you are thinking about them when you know they are in a boring business meeting, stuck on the train in a commute, or studying up for a company test. This will make them smile for a moment or two.
2. Use your cell camera to take a photo of yourself blowing him/her a kiss and send it off via MMS. Or, hold up a sign saying “I (heart) You” and take a pic of that and send it off.
3. Take a photo of yourself standing at the place were you first kissed, your first date, or any other special place that they will recognize.
4. Send an e-card from one of the many free sites.
5. Write an email letter. Sure, using pen and paper is a true old school letter and some think more effective, but typing an email is fast and can be delivered almost instantly once those special thoughts come to mind. Who wants to wait 3-4 days for the mail to be delivered when you want your sweetie to know how you feel right now? Still feeling nostalgic? Write the letter on paper, scan it, and email it with the disclaimer that their hard copy is in the mail, but you just could not wait for them to read it.
6. Create a DVD slideshow of pics of the two of you from the past year and set to songs that you have enjoyed together.
7. Using pics from your digital camera create a pocket sized scrapbook or calendar filled with memorable photos.
8. Create a CD of favorite love songs, or songs that remind of you of your sweetie. Put a pretty label on it and wrap it up.
9. Setup a webcam date to meet at your computer, chat, and make ga ga goo goo faces at each other
10. Watch a movie together. Rent a movie or setup a time to watch something coming on cable and hold the phone while you watch. Yep, that's right… just like when you were teenagers. 🙂 You can comment on the movie together and eat popcorn.
11. If you have a blog, dedicate a full post on VDay telling them how you feel for the world to see. Or, even better… make a splash screen that visitors will hit BEFORE your blog loads. That will make your sweetheart feel loved and embarrassed as heck!
These are just a few of the ideas that came to mind. What are some of the things that you have done? Do you have any other ideas?