I just posted recently that I was not going to get an iPad, but might get myself a Samsung
Galaxy Tab, if anything. Well, my *real* job (meaning my 9 – 5) has it's major perks as well. So, I had reason to order an iPad for work.
Yeah, I am jumping in way later than the cool kids, but I still got it! And what are my first thoughts? Well they are mixed. I do love it, but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. Why? Because I have already used iOS4 on my iPhone for a fair amount of time. And guess what? The iPad is currently on iOS 3.2.2. That is supposed to change soon. Actually it should be changing right now because the new iOS4 for iPad is scheduled to be out in November. Well uhh, it's November 18th, so where is it?
Switching from iOS4 back down to iOS3 is like having some cool new toys with the wrong sized batteries. Lol!! Well, it is not too horrible. But, I miss my multitasking. I miss being able to sync more than one Exchange account. I miss the extras. I miss a full sized Facebook app 🙂
Don't get me wrong. It is a great device. I am loving it.
What I love:
- I am loving the email client. I like that that has a reading pane.
- I love the keyboard. I thought that I would have an issue typing out a full post or email, but it is great. I actually wrote the first half of this post from the iPad
- It's fast.
- Video works well. Youtube, Netflix and Hulu are goo so far.
What I don't love:
- No multitasking
- Only one Exchange account is supported
- Can't seem to change calendar background. I'm not really liking the wood. (If I can change it, please tell me how!)
I am excited to play with it some more and discover new apps. I'm excited to see how it will be once iOS4 is released and all the apps (like Facebook) catch up.