2018 Update: This Energizer Inductive Charging Pad may be out of date. However, there are now many different charging pads available to charge your devices.
Being able to easily charge your devices is always a big deal. Cords, USB cables, and chargers from everywhere. That is the usual look of the staging area for geeks with one than one portable device. However, if you don't like having cords all over, there are some great alternatives. One of those is the Energizer Inductive Charging Pad.
Why is this one different than similar devices? The Energizer Inductive Charger uses Qi technology. What Makes Qi inductive better than non-Qi inductive? According to the FAQ, Qi inductive is the agreed upon standard. There are several companies working together to broaden the use of Qi for charging various devices. Things will get really interesting when the device manufacturers start including Qi technology right into the device, no sleeve needed.
And, even if you have a Qi device for another charger not by Energizer in the future, it will still work on the Energizer Inductive Pad.
- Easy to use
- No need to perfectly center device on the charging pad
- Ability to charge up to 2 devices at once on the pad + one device via USB
- Charging sleeve also serves as a sturdy case for your iPhone
- Right now, charging sleeves are only available for the iPhone 3G, 3Gs, and 4G + the Blackberry Curve 8900
- When using with my old 3G there was a constant disconnect/reconnect happening when connected. I did not figure out if that was due to a problem with the phone or the charging pad.
The Energizer Inductive Charger with Qi Technology is a great solution for anyone who has more than one mobile device to charge. No cords to keep up with, no outlets to find. Just keep the sleeve on your device, and pop it on the charger when you come home. I am very interested to see where the future of Qi technology is going.