I am always looking for fun and interesting iPhone or iPad apps to entertain my children. They are already very techy, and they love playing games on my iPad. My girls even inherited my older model iPhones and use them as iPod Touches. Yes, they are 7. They got started early.
Today, I am going to talk about the My Russian Dolls iPad app by By PaddleDuck Pty Ltd. It’s a very simple concept, but interesting nonetheless. Russian dolls are fascinating. It’s like a puzzle. How many smaller dolls can you fit into a larger doll? This apps gives you the opportunity to find out. It also let’s you control the doll with finger motions. There are several things that you can do:
1. Tap the Doll’s boday to make her giggle, smile, frown, wobble, or wink.
2. Tap near her mouth to hear words of wisdom in Russian and English.
3. Swipe left, right, or up to make her jump high.
4. Long press on her face to make her kiss
5. Long press on her body to make her squat.
6. Pinch and zoom to pull the dolls apart or put them back together.
There is not much to this app. I think it’s perfect for taking a break from work. It takes no brain power. It’s just simple, fun, and cute. And it keeps the kids entertained for a bit. I also think this is great to pass on to someone who is learning how to use an iPad. They can get the hang of finger motions.
The My Russian Dolls app is available in the iPad App Store for $1.99.
I have one iPad App Code for My Russian Dolls to give away to a reader. To win, simply leave a comment below telling me your favorite fun app for your iPad.
Winner will be chosen Friday, March 4th after 5 pm. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided a promo code for checking out the app. All opinions are my own.